Friday, May 2, 2008

All Flex Web Services in one bag....

Recently I am trying to play with all the web services in flex and came to know about many things.
It was a very good learning exercise.
I have categorized them into several services....like Google Maps, Flickr, YouTube, Amazon Music Search, Yahoo Maps and Yahoo weather. Used Iframes for displaying Google Maps and You Tube videos....and believe me , it is really a bad experience....Iframes is such a hack in flex....no matter how hard you try...it will not render properly..... Playing with yahoo maps is a great pleasure...everything is available as an API all you have to do is call the API...Though POI marker is missing in the new release of their API all the basic functionalities are available in yahoo maps...

I will try and revisit this example some time in future adding more web services. Hope I will be able to come up with some meaningful mash up with all these web services. For now I will just provide the source code for all of them...



No comments: